Bahuaja / Collpa Lagos (05 Days / 04 Nights) from USD $ 480
The Bahuaja Sonene National Park is a bio-diversified place which shelters 450 bird species, 28 of amphibians and 74 of mammals, a huge diversity of insects, butterflies, dragon flies and tree ants. It possesses a rich and abundant flora, with aguaje trees, the tornillo cedar, giant chestnut and mahogany trees, some of which are endangered species.
The Tambopata Candamo National Reserve is composed of different adequate ecosystems for the eco-conservation of flora and fauna, as in the case of the sachavaca (Tapir), the jaguar, caimans, lizards, fish, turtles, giant otters, water hogs (Capybara), huanganas, giant armadillos, monkeys, macaws, parrots, anacondas, snakes, batrachians, insects and many other species that maintain natures balance.
This program gives you a chance to enjoy Collpas (Licks), lakes, trails, rivers, campsites, night strolls and lodges, with a moderate staying time.
PROGRAMDAY 01 Arrival in Puerto Maldonado / Lodge in the Reserved Zone
- Reception at the airport and transfer to the port, on the Tambopata River
- Boarding of the river boat that will transport us to the lodge located in the Reserved Zone
- Lunch box during the trip
- Arrival, reception and accommodation at the Libertador Tambopata Lodge
- Short walk to get familiarized, along the trails around the lodge
- Night stroll, in search of insects and wild animals.
- Transfer on a river boat, on the Tambopata River , to the landing beach
- Hike along trails in the jungle, observing flora and fauna
- Arrival at the Condemned Lake 1 and 2, rowboat ride, with observation of giant otters, a great variety of fish and birds, herons, hoatzin (Shansho), etc.
- Lunch at the lodge
- Navigation to the Bahuaja Sonene National Park , to get to the surroundings of the Collpa Chuncho
- Setting up camp and dinner
- Night observation of families of water hogs (The worlds largest rodent), tapirs (Sachavaca), the parks largest and shyest mammal, and if we are lucky, well have a chance to sight the famous jaguar.
- 5:00 a.m.: Well settle in an adequate and camouflaged place, with a good visibility towards the Collpa (Lick)
- Using binoculars, well have a chance to capture the best views of the lick session of macaws, parrots and parakeets of several species and colors, presenting a wonderful show
- Breakfast at the campsite
- Hike along the beach and jungle trails, observing birds, monkeys, mammals, insects and lots of flora
- Return to the lodge for lunch
- Free afternoon, to rest, fish, swim, walk around in the jungle, in the lodges vicinity or pay a visit to the local native community
- Night walk in search of caimans
- 6:00 a.m.: Well board the river boat, to navigate downstream, on the Tambopata River , with a transfer to the Madre de Dios River
- Landing on the indicated beach and hike for 3 km . through the Amazon Forest , observing orchids, giant palm trees, other varieties of trees and insects
- Rowboat ride on Lake Sandoval; the habitat of a diversified fauna, with caimans, lizards, turtles, giant otters, a great variety of fish, birds, macaws, monkeys, etc.
- Short hike and return transfer, on a river boat, to the city of Puerto Maldonado
- Arrival and transfer to your hotel
- Free afternoon and dinner on your own account
- Discotheque (Optional and on your own account).
- Breakfast at your hotel and transfer to the airport.
- All transfers (Airport / hotel / airport)
- Bilingual specialized guide
- Motorized river boat, catamaran and canoe, according to the tours
- All excursions
- Camping gear
- Accommodation at a hotel, lodge and campsite
- Full meals during the tour, except dinner on the last day
- Support with communication logistics
- First aid kit, with antidotes.
Does Not Include:
- 19 % VAT tax (For Peruvians only)
- National and international flight tickets
- Airport taxes (TUAA) USD $ 06.05, to board national flights and USD $ 30.25, for international flights
- Non-programmed food or extras, snacks, alcoholic beverages, telephone calls, laundry shop, tips, etc.
- Entrance fee to the reserve (USD $ 20.00)
- Services not established in the program
- Additional nights for flight cancellation or that of any other services, due to causes beyond the companys control.
What recommended that you bring:
- Standard backpack
- Adequate clothes for hot weather
- Light boots, sneakers and sandals
- Waterproof poncho for the rain
- Pants and long sleeves shirts
- Hat, cap and sunglasses
- Swimming suit, towel and personal hygiene kit
- Canteen, mineral water, water purifying tablets and snacks
- Insect repellent and sun blocking lotion
- Flashlight, binoculars, batteries and flashlight bulbs
- Basic medicines
- Camera, camcorder and batteries
- Extra money in Soles.
- Vaccination against Yellow Fever. It is mandatory to get vaccinated, and to carry the vaccination certificate.
INDIVIDUAL PRICE IN USD $
From USD $ 580pp
- Phone: (+51) 984 608140 / 974 756500
- Fax: (+51) 84 237164 / 84 245902
- Email: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: Quera Street 240, Cusco, Peru