Collpa Chuncho (03 Days / 02 Nights)
The Bahuaja Sonene National Park is a bio-diversified place which shelters 450 bird species, 28 of amphibians and 74 of mammals, a huge diversity of insects, butterflies, dragonflies and tree ants. It possesses a rich and abundant flora, with aguaje trees, the tornillo cedar, giant chestnut and mahogany trees, some of which are endangered species.
The Tambopata Candamo National Reserve is composed of different adequate ecosystems for flora and fauna eco-conservation, as in the case of the sachavaca (Tapir), the jaguar, caimans, lizards, fish, turtles, giant otters, water hogs (Capybaras), huanganas, giant armadillos, monkeys, macaws, parrots, anacondas, snakes, batrachians, insects and many other species that maintain natures balance.
This tour has the Collpa Chuncho as its main attraction, combined with walks along beaches, trails, by cascades and night strolls.
PROGRAMDAY 01 Arrival in Puerto Maldonado / Wasai Lodge in the Reserved Zone
- Reception at the airport and transfer to the port, on the Tambopata River
- Boarding the river boat that will transport us to the lodge located in the Reserved Zone
- Lunch box during the trip
- Arrival, reception and accommodation at the Wasai Tambopata Lodge
- Short walk to get familiarized, along the trails nearby the lodge
- Night stroll, in search of insects and wild animals.
- 4:30 a.m.: Well board our motorized river boat to navigate on the Tambopata River , to the Bahuaja Sonene National Park , the protected area of which conserves a wonderful diversity of flora and fauna
- Arrival at the Collpa Chuncho and installation in an adequate and camouflaged place
- Using binoculars, well have a chance to capture the best views of the lick session of macaws, parrots and parakeets of several species and colors, presenting a wonderful show
- Short walk along the beach and jungle trails, observing birds, monkeys, mammals, insects and lots of flora
- Return to the lodge for breakfast
- Free morning, to participate in different adventure activities, such as canopy, kayak, tree climbing or take a delightful bath in the Gato River s cascades and do some sports fishing
- Return to the lodge for lunch
- Botanical tour, observing medicinal plants and trees
- Night excursion, on the Tambopata River , in search of caimans
- Very early, after breakfast, well board our river boat, to return to the city of Puerto Maldonado
- Transfer to the airport.
- All transfers (Airport / hotel / airport)
- Bilingual specialized guide
- Motorized river boat, catamaran and canoe, according to the tours
- All excursions
- Hotel and lodge accommodation
- Full meals during the tour
- Support with communication logistics
- First aid kit, with antidotes.
Does Not Include:
- 19 % VAT tax (For Peruvians only)
- National and international flight tickets
- Airport taxes (TUAA) USD $ 06.05, to board national flights and USD $ 30.25, for international flights
- Non-programmed food or extras, snacks, alcoholic beverages, telephone calls, laundry shop, tips, etc.
- Entrance fee to the reserve (USD $ 20.00)
- Services not established in the program
- Additional nights for flight cancellation or that of any other services, due to causes beyond the companys control.
What recommended that you bring:
- Standard backpack
- Adequate clothes for hot weather
- Light boots, sneakers and sandals
- Waterproof poncho for the rain
- Pants and long sleeves shirts
- Hat, cap and sunglasses
- Swimming suit, towel and personal hygiene kit
- Canteen, mineral water, water purifying tablets and snacks
- Insect repellent and sun blocking lotion
- Flashlight, binoculars, batteries and flashlight bulbs
- Basic medicines
- Camera, camcorder and batteries
- Extra money in Soles.
- Vaccination against Yellow Fever. It is mandatory to get vaccinated and to carry the vaccination certificate.
INDIVIDUAL PRICE IN USD $Collpa Chuncho
From USD $ 387pp
- Phone: (+51) 984 608140 / 974 756500
- Fax: (+51) 84 237164 / 84 245902
- Email: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: Quera Street 240, Cusco, Peru