Colorado Expedition (05 Days / 04 Nights )
The Bahuaja Sonene National Park is a bio-diversified place which shelters 450 bird species, 28 of amphibians and 74 of mammals, a huge diversity of insects, butterflies, dragonflies and tree ants. It possesses a rich and abundant flora, with aguaje trees, the tornillo cedar, giant chestnut and mahogany trees, some of which are endangered species.
The Tambopata Candamo National Reserve is composed of different adequate ecosystems for flora and fauna eco-conservation, as in the case of the sachavaca (Tapir), the jaguar, caimans, lizards, fish, turtles, giant otters, water hogs (Capybaras), huanganas, giant armadillos, monkeys, macaws, parrots, anacondas, snakes, batrachians, insects and many other species that maintain natures balance.
This program is one of the most beautiful and spectacular, as it allows you to close up on the Collpa Colorado, the largest in the Peruvian Amazon, in the heart of the reserve, as well as to go on hikes to impressive lakes, do night walks, canopy and visit scientific expositions.
PROGRAMDAY 01 Arrival in Puerto Maldonado / Amazonas Refuge
- Reception at the airport and transfer to your hotel in Puerto Maldonado, day-use service, leaving your main luggage until your return
- Transfer on a tourist transportation to the port, on the Tambopata River , in the Infierno Native Community
- Boarding of the river boat that will transport us to the lodge located in the Reserves Tampon Zone
- Lunch box during the trip
- Arrival, reception and accommodation at the Amazonas Refuge of the Tambopata Research Center
- Afternoon to rest
- Night stroll, in search of caimans
DAY 02 Canopy / Transfer to the Tambopata Research Center
- Very early, well go on a spectacular tower canopy tour, on 25 meter high platforms, from which one can observe a great diversity of birds, such as toucans, macaws and birds of prey
- Tour along jungle trails, to observe places where nuts are produced and recollected, with explanation of their production and recollection process
- Boarding our river boat again, to enter the reserves heart, crossing the confluence with the Malinowski River , towards the Tambopata Research Center Lodge. On the way, Well have a chance to observe capybaras, alligators, geese, macaws and other animal species
- Lunch during the journey
- In the afternoon, arrival, reception and accommodation at the lodge
- Hike along low jungles trails, to observe the bamboo forests regeneration process which propitiates the habitat of the howling monkey and that of other species of monkeys
- Scientific conference on the Macaw Project, from the biological point of view, regarding alimentation, reproduction, use of the lick (Collpa), threats and conservation
DAY 03 Collpa Colorado / Condemned Lake 1 and 2
- 4:30 a.m.: Well move on to an adequate and camouflaged place, quite close to the Collpa Colorado
- Using binoculars, well be able to capture the best views of the largest and most spectacular lick (Collpa) in the Peruvian Jungle, with enormous quantities of 32 species of macaws, parrots and parakeets, eating off the clay walls
- Return to the lodge, for breakfast
- Immediately after, transfer on a river boat, to the Amazonas Refuge Lodge
- Arrival and lunch
- Hike to the Condemned Lake 1 and 2, observing the abundant flora and fauna
- Rowboat ride, on these beautiful lakes, observing different bird species, such as herons, tuqui tuquis, the noisy bird (Donacobius), the hoatzín or shansho (Opisthocomus hoatzin), giant otters, etc.
- That jungle is the habitat of felines and mammals, such as tapirs, wild boars, huanganas and other wild animals
- Return to the lodge
- Night walk to observe caimans
- Conferences presented by experts of the Amazonas Refuge, on eco-conservation, opportunities and projects in the Tambopata National Reserve.
DAY 04 Amazonas Refuge / Lake Sandoval / Puerto Maldonado
- 6:00 a.m.: Navigation downstream, on the Tambopata River , with transfer to the Madre de Dios River
- Landing on the indicated beach and 3 km . hike through the Amazonian Forest, observing orchids, giant palm trees, other varieties of trees, insects, etc.
- Rowboat ride on Lake Sandoval, the habitat of a diversified fauna, such as caimans, lizards, turtles, giant otters, varieties of fish, birds, macaws, monkeys, etc.
- Short hike and return transfer on a river boat, to the city of Puerto Maldonado
- Arrival and transfer to your hotel
- Discotheque (Optional and on your own account).
DAY 05 Departure transfer
- Breakfast at your hotel and transfer to the airport.
END OF OUR SERVICES
- All transfers (Airport / hotel / airport)
- Bilingual specialized guide
- Motorized river boat, catamaran and canoe, according to the tours
- All excursions
- Hotel and lodge accommodation
- Full meals during the tour, except for the last dinner
- Support with communication logistics
- First aid kit, with antidotes.
Does Not Include:
- 19 % VAT tax (For Peruvians only)
- National and international flight tickets
- Airport taxes (TUAA) USD $ 06.05, to board national flights and USD $ 30.25, for international flights
- Non-programmed food or extras, snacks, alcoholic beverages, telephone calls, laundry shop, tips, etc.
- Entrance fee to the reserve (USD $ 20.00)
- Services not established in the program
- Additional nights for flight cancellation or that of any other services, due to causes beyond the companys control.
What recommended that you bring:
- Standard backpack
- Adequate clothes for hot weather
- Light boots, sneakers and sandals
- Waterproof poncho for the rain
- Pants and long sleeves shirts
- Hat, cap and sunglasses
- Swimming suit, towel and personal hygiene kit
- Canteen, mineral water, water purifying tablets and snacks
- Insect repellent and sun blocking lotion
- Flashlight, binoculars, batteries and flashlight bulbs
- Basic medicines
- Camera, camcorder and batteries
- Extra money in Soles.
- Vaccination against Yellow Fever. It is mandatory to get vaccinated and to carry the vaccination certificate.
INDIVIDUAL PRICE IN USD $
From USD $ 852pp
- Phone: (+51) 984 608140 / 974 756500
- Fax: (+51) 84 237164 / 84 245902
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
- Address: Quera Street 240, Cusco, Peru