Esseejas / Lake Three Chimbadas (Full Day)
This community is inhabited by the Esseejas, a native ethnic group that still keeps its customs and ancestral experiences alive. The natives produce an interesting handicraft, and their community is very often visited by tourists.
From Puerto Maldonado, one can get there on vehicles or motorcycles, in just 45 minutes. Nearby, there is a Collpa (Lick) of parrots and macaws, a watch tower and a lake, with families of giant otters, many species of fish and a great variety of birds. This population has many myths and legends, some of which are esoteric, and they make an important use of traditional medicine and healing based on the great quantity of medicinal plants that grow in the area.
This direct contact allows you to share that ethnic groups live experiences and understand their customs and traditions. It is recommendable to go for spiritual sessions and baths, with the Ayahuasca Sacred Master Plant of great power, with the Shamans experts in healing and local natural medicine.
PROGRAMDAY 01 Puerto Maldonado / Esseejas Community / Lake Three Chimbadas
- 8:00 a.m.: Transfer from your hotel, on a tourist transportation, to the community of Infierno which is inhabited by Esseejas natives
- Thirty minute transfer on a river boat, to the path that leads to Lake Three Chimbadas
- Three km. hike on a jungle trail, observing flora and fauna
- Arrival at Lake Three Chimbadas
- Rowboat ride, on the small lake rich in flora and bird species, with giant otters, piranhas and other species of fish
- 2:00 p.m.: Short hike to the Tambopata River , to board the river boat bound to the Esseejas native community
- Visit of the Esseejas community; an ethnic group which still keeps its ancestral customs and live experiences, and produces an interesting handicraft
- 5:00 p.m.: Return transfer on a tourist transportation, to the city of Puerto Maldonado
- 6:00 p.m.: Arrival in Puerto Maldonado and transfer to your hotel.
- Bilingual specialized guide
- Transportation on a motorized river boat, van or motorcycle
- Visit to the local native community, canoe rides
- Entrance fees to the places to be visited
- Support with communication logistics
- First aid kit, with antidotes.
Does Not Include:
- 19 % VAT tax (For Peruvians only)
- Non-programmed food or extras, snacks, alcoholic beverages, telephone calls, laundry shop, tips, etc.
- Spirituality bath or Ayahuasca session.
What recommended that you bring:
- Small backpack
- Wear light clothes for hot weather
- Waterproof poncho (Rain season)
- Canteen, mineral water, and snacks
- Sun blocking lotion and sunglasses
- Hat, cap
- Camera, camcorder and batteries
- Extra money in Soles.
INDIVIDUAL PRICE IN USD $
Lake Three Chimbadas
From USD $ 80pp
- Phone: (+51) 984 608140 / 974 756500
- Fax: (+51) 84 237164 / 84 245902
- Email: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: Quera Street 240, Cusco, Peru