Machu Picchu Calicanto (04 Days / 03 Nights) from USD $ 210
"Machu Picchu Calicanto" is a brand new program which motivates Peruvian and foreign students to discover Machu Picchu, taking advantage of the itineraries of lesser demand, of the local train between Ollantaytambo and Machu Picchu Pueblo and vice-versa, which allows them to remain more time in Machu Picchu, so as to visit archaeological complexes, such as Wiñaywayna, the Temple of the Moon and others yet, that cannot normally be appreciated on a short visit.
We also offer free day use service, at our own hotel, in Cusco , to visitors who arrive on the day their program starts, to then transfer them on our vehicles, to the locality of Ollantaytambo and ensure their connection with the local train service to Machu Picchu Pueblo, to go there and come back.
Machu Picchu Calicanto PROGRAMDAY 01 Arrival in Cusco / Day use service Hotel Calicanto / Sacred Valley / Machu Picchu Pueblo , with Overnight stay
- Transfer from the airport or bus station to the Hotel Calicanto, in Cusco , with breakfast, free day-use service, to freely use bathroom services and leave luggage
- 10:30 a.m.: Departure from Cusco, on a tourist transportation bound to Ollantaytambo´s train station, in the Sacred Valley of the Incas
- 1:00 p.m.: Departure of the local train bound to the village of Machu Picchu (Aguas Calientes)
- 2:24 p.m.: Arrival in Machu Picchu Pueblo and accommodation at a hotel
- Recreation at the local thermal baths (Recommended and on your own account)
- Hotel night in Machu Picchu Pueblo.
- Breakfast at your hotel
- 7:00 a.m.: Tourist bus ride up to the Incan City of Machu Picchu, Wonder of the Modern World, located among abrupt mountains and almost inaccessible places, presenting a set of houses, squares, stairways, towers, walls, water fountains, ceremonial places, such as the Intiwatana (Solar observatory), sacred temples and benched terraces, with an incredible urban harmony, displaying the Incan engineerings high level of development.
- Bus ride down to the village of Machu Picchu (Aguas Calientes)
- 2:55 p.m.: Departure of the local train bound to Ollantaytambo´s train station
- 4:30 p.m.: Arrival in Ollantaytambo and return to Cusco , on a tourist bus
- 6:30 p.m.: Arrival in Cusco and transfer to your hotel or bus station.
- Breakfast at your hotel
- Free morning
- 1:45 p.m.: Tour of the city, visiting the Cathedral, Temple of the Qorikancha, Archaeological Complex of Saqsaywaman, Q´enqo, Tambomachay, Pukapukara and the Qosqo Native Art Center
- Hotel night, in Cusco
- Breakfast at your hotel
- 8:00 a.m.: Departure from your hotel, on a tourist bus bound to the South Valley
- Guided visit of the Incan Archaeological Complex of Tipón (Adoratory and hydraulic experimentation center)
- Guided visit of the Pre-Incan Archaeological Complex of Piquillaqta, declared as National Archaeological Park
- Visit of Andahuaylillas´ Church, known as America s Sistine Chapel
- Short visit to the typical village of Oropesa , Regional Capital of Bread, elaborated with export quality, and tasting of the famous Chuta bread made in handcrafted wood burning ovens
- 1:00 p.m.: Typical country style lunch, in the village of Tipón or Saylla, with options to choose between the oven-baked guinea pig and pork cracklings
- 3:00 p.m.: Return to Cusco (Day-use service, at the Hotel Calicanto)
- Transfer to the bus station.
- Arrival transfer from the airport or bus station and vice-versa
- Free day-use service, at the Hotel Calicanto (Upon arrival and before departure)
- Transportation Cusco / Ollantaytambo / Cusco
- Local train ticket Ollantaytambo / Machu Picchu Pueblo / Ollantaytambo
- Two-way bus ticket in Machu Picchu Pueblo (Up and back down)
- Guided tour of the city
- Guided visit of Machu Picchu and entrance fee
- Guided excursion in the South Valley
- 03 hotel nights (Bedrooms for two, three, four, five and six)
- 04 lunches, 03 dinners and 04 breakfasts
- Entrance fee to the discotheque + soft drink (Adults: Aperitif)
- Support with communication logistics
- First aid kit.
Does Not Include:
- 19 % VAT tax (For Peruvians only)
- National and international flight tickets
- Airport taxes (TUAA) USD $ 06.05, to board national flights and USD $ 30.25, for international flights
- Non-programed food, extras, alcoholic drinks, phone calls, laundry shop, tips, snacks, etc.
- Services not established in this program
- Additional nights due to flight or train cancellations, or that of other services, for reasons beyond the companys control.
What recommended that you bring:
- Small backpack
- Light clothes for warm weather
- Jacket for the cold
- Waterproof poncho (Rain season)
- Canteen, mineral water and snacks
- Sun blocking lotion and sunglasses
- Swimming suit, towel and personal hygiene kit
- Hat or cap
- Photo camera, camcorder and batteries
- Extra money in Soles.
INDIVIDUAL PRICE IN USD $
|Hotel Category||Local Train||Expedition|
(Tarriff valid only for Peruvian and foreign students, with ISIC)
From USD $ 210pp
- Phone: (+51) 984 608140 / 974 756500
- Fax: (+51) 84 237164 / 84 245902
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
- Address: Quera Street 240, Cusco, Peru