Maras - Moray - Salinas (Half day)
Maras is a picturesque village, with stone doorways and colonial features, located just over 40 km . from the city of Cusco. It possesses one of the most astonishing Incan archaeological complexes, called Moray.
It is a circular construction, more than 30 meters deep, under the ground surface level, with several ring-shaped concentric benched terraces, which might have been used as a kind of agricultural laboratory, given that each benched terrace has climatic conditions corresponding to an ecological area.
The circuit is complemented by a visit to the Salt Mines of Maras, fed by salt water harnessed in the mountain´s underground and distributed in more than 4,000 handmade pools, using a technology dating back to Incan times.
- 8:30 a.m.: Departure from your hotel, on a tourist transportation
- Guided visit of Maras (Village of the Stone Doorways)
- Guided visit of Moray (Agricultural Experimentation Center)
- Guided visit of Las Salineras (Salt Mines)
- 12:00 noon: Return and transfer to your hotel.
- Transfers on a tourist transportation
- Bilingual official tour guide.
Does Not Include:
- 19 % VAT tax (For Peruvians only)
- Tourist Pass and entrance fees
- Non-programmed food, extras, drinks, snacks, tips, etc.
- Small backpack
- Light clothes for warm weather
- Jacket for the cold
- Waterproof poncho (Rain season)
- Canteen, mineral water and snack
- Hat or cap
- Photo camera, camcorder and batteries
- Extra money in Soles.
From USD $ 25pp
- Phone: (+51) 984 608140 / 974 756500
- Fax: (+51) 84 237164 / 84 245902
- Email: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: Quera Street 240, Cusco, Peru