Mountain Biking to Machu Picchu (03 Days / 02 Nights)
Get to Machu Picchu, in a combination of adventure, ecotourism and culture, with the new Cusco / Quillabamba asphalted road itinerary, linking with the villages of Santa María and mainly, Santa Teresa which has converted itself into the other access way to Machu Picchu, due to its proximity and because it offers you, in addition, alternatives of adventure tourism, such as canopy, cyclotourism, rafting and Cocalmayo´s Thermo-medicinal Baths, in a natural paradise.
This tour is a mix of emotions, travelling by bus to the Málaga Mountain Pass (4,350 m .a.s.l.), well go on mountain biking on the downhill stretch to the subtropical jungle, to finally travel a short stretch by train, to Machu Picchu Pueblo (Aguas Calientes).
DAY 01 Cusco / Málaga Mountain Pass / Santa María / Santa Teresa
- 7:30 a.m.: Departure from your hotel, on a tourist transportation, to the Málaga Mountain Pass ( 4,350 m .a.s.l.). A few kilometers further along (Km. 150), on the Cusco / Quillabamba road, is the departure point of our mountain biking tour
- 11:30 a.m.: Well cycle downhill on our mountain bikes, towards the subtropical valley of La Convención, on an asphalted and compacted dirt road, in good conditions
- Countryside lunch, in the area
- Guided visit of the Archaeological Complex of Wamanmarka
- 4:30 a.m.: Arrival in Santa María ( 1,575 m .a.s.l.), leaving our bikes there, to board the bus that will transfer us to the village of Santa Teresa
- 6:00 p.m.: Arrival in Santa Teresa ( 1,645 m .a.s.l.) and accommodation at a hostel
- Dinner on your own account
- Night recreation at Cocalmayo´s Thermal Baths; an extraordinary place to relax and enjoy nature. (Optional and on your own account)
- Hotel night in Santa Teresa.
DAY 02 Santa Teresa / Machu Picchu / Canopy (Optional) / Thermal Baths of Cocalmayo
- Breakfast at your hostel
- Adventure in monkey tail canopy, with full adrenaline, gliding between the mountains, above valleys and rivers (Optional and on your own account)
- Recreation at Cocalmayo´s Thermo-medicinal Baths, in a natural paradise
- Lunch on your own account
- 3:30 p.m.: Transfer to the Hidroeléctrica (Intiwatana) train station, on Km. 122 of the railway, to take the train to Machu Picchu Pueblo (Aguas Calientes)
- 5:30 p.m.: Arrival in the village of Machu Picchu and accommodation at a hotel
- Dinner on your own account
- Discotheque (Optional and on your own account)
- Hotel night in Machu Picchu Pueblo.
- Breakfast at your hotel
- Tourist bus ride up to the Incan City of Machu Picchu, Wonder of the Modern World, located among abrupt mountains and almost inaccessible places, presenting a set of houses, squares, stairways, towers, walls, water fountains, ceremonial places, such as the Intiwatana (Solar observatory), sacred temples and benched terraces, with an incredible urban harmony, displaying the Incan engineerings high level of development.
- Tourist bus ride down to Aguas Calientes
- Buffet lunch (Optionally, you could have lunch at the Sanctuary Lodge, near the entrance of the Incan City. In this case, we would change the schedule of the return bus)
- 3:43 p.m.: Departure of the tourist train from Machu Picchu Pueblo to Cusco
- 8:13 p.m.: Arrival at Poroys train station and transfer to your hotel.
- Tourist transportation Cusco / Málaga Mountain Pass / Santa María
- Transportation Santa María / Santa Teresa / Hidroeléctrica train station
- Bilingual official tour guide
- Mountain bikes and accessories (Helmets and gloves)
- Train ticket Hidroeléctrica / Machu Picchu Pueblo
- Bus ticket in Machu Picchu Pueblo (Up and down)
- Guided excursion to Machu Picchu and entrance ticket
- Tourist train ticket Machu Picchu Pueblo / Cusco
- Transfer train station / hotel
- 01 entrance ticket to canopy
- 01 entrance ticket to Cocalmayo´s Thermal Baths
- 01 night accommodation in Santa Teresa
- 01 night at a hotel in Machu Picchu Pueblo
- 02 lunches and 02 breakfasts
- Support with communication logistics
- First aid kit, oxygen tank and emergency ropes.
Does Not Include:
- 19 % VAT tax (For Peruvians only)
- National and international flight tickets
- Airport taxes (TUAA) USD $ 06.05, to board national flights and USD $ 30.25, for international flights
- Non-programed food, extras, snacks, alcoholic drinks, phone calls, laundry shop, tips, etc.
- Services not established in this program
- Additional nights due to flight or train cancellations, or that of other services, for reasons beyond the companys control.
- Small backpack
- Light clothes for warm weather
- Jacket for the cold
- Waterproof poncho (Rain season)
- Canteen, mineral water and snacks
- Sun blocking lotion and sunglasses
- Bathing suit, towel and personal hygiene kit
- Hat or cap
- Photo camera, camcorder and batteries
- Extra money in Soles.
From USD $ 265pp
- Phone: (+51) 984 608140 / 974 756500
- Fax: (+51) 84 237164 / 84 245902
- Email: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: Quera Street 240, Cusco, Peru