Puerto Pizarro Mangroves (Half Day)
Puerto Pizarro's beautiful jetty is the departure point to visit the mangroves by boat, as it is an ecosystem formed by navigable canals which are part of the Tumbes River s delta. Mangroves can reach up to six meters in height, forming islands, because of the accumulation of sediments and mud. On the way, well have a chance to land on Loves Island and Whale Bone Island which are paradise-like places, the beaches of which are the most important ones in the area, as their shallow waters allow flat boat rides. Birds´ Island is the refuge of a great variety of birds and is ideal to observe them at dusk, when they come back to their nests, to sleep. These mangroves are known for the nursery of American crocodiles (Crocodylus acutus); a unique species in Peru , which is currently in danger of extinction.
PROGRAMDAY 01 City Tour / Puerto Pizarro
- 9:00 a.m.: Departure from your hotel, for the city tour, visiting the Main Square , Main Church , the old City Council and the Paseo La Concordia (The Concorde Promenade)
- Transfer to Puerto Pizarro, to board a boat and do the tour of the mangroves
- Visit of the four islands (Crocodiles´ Island, Birds´ Island, Whale Bone Island and Loves Island )
- 1:00 p.m.: Return to Tumbes.
- Tourist transportation for the transfers
- Bilingual official tour guide
- Outboard motor boat
- City tour ( Main Square , Main Church , old City Council, Paseo La Concordia )
- Excursion to the four islands (Crocodiles´ Island, Birds´ Island, Whale Bone Island and Loves Island )
- Visit to the crocodile nursery zoo
- Entrance fees to places to be visited.
Does Not Include:
- 19% VAT tax (For Peruvians only)
- National and international flight tickets
- Airport taxes (TUAA) USD $ 6.05, to board national flights and USD $ 30.25, for international flights
- Non-programmed food, extras, alcoholic drinks, telephone calls, laundry shop, tips, snacks, etc.
- Services not established in the program
- Additional nights for flight cancellations or suspension of other services, due to circumstances beyond the companys control.
What recommended that you bring:
- Small backpack
- Wear light clothes for the heat
- Swimming suit and towel
- Personal Hygiene kit
- Hat or cap and insect repellent
- Sun blocking lotion and sunglasses
- Canteen, mineral water and snacks
- Photo camera, camcorder and batteries
- Extra money, in Soles.
INDIVIDUAL PRICE IN USD $
From USD $ 55pp
- Phone: (+51) 984 608140 / 974 756500
- Fax: (+51) 84 237164 / 84 245902
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
- Address: Quera Street 240, Cusco, Peru