Suasi Ecological Titicaca (03 Days / 02 Nights)
Lake Titicaca ; the jewel of the Peruvian and Bolivian high plateaus, is the worlds highest navigable lake. It is situated in the Region of Puno, on the Peruvian side, at an altitude of 3,800 m .a.s.l. and it possesses many floating islands inhabited by Quechua and Aymara native populations. It is an ecosystem which has a rich and varied fauna mainly composed of birds.
There, are the floating Islands of the Uros, one of Américas most ancient peoples, dedicated to handicraft production, fishing and taxidermy.
Then, our journey will take us to Taquile Island ; a place of great ethnic and cultural value, with pre-Incan and Incan archaeological sites. Its inhabitants are mainly dedicating themselves to handicraft, fishing and agriculture, and their textile art is very much appreciated.
Well continue our trip towards Suasi Island; one of the lakes most beautiful and fascinating islands which offers ecological tourism alternatives, such as hikes, to observe the flora and wild bird species, Andean crops, medicinal plant land parcels, walks on the beach and totora boat rides. On the island, there is a well equipped hotel, where well spend the night.
Besides the lake, well visit Sillustanis Archaeological Complex; one of the largest pre-Incan and Incan necropolis, with its monumental and gigantic chullpas which are carved stone towers, with a larger diameter on their upper part, than at their base, challenging the laws of physics.
PROGRAM: Suasi Ecological TiticacaDAY 01 Arrival in Juliaca / Transfer to Puno / Sillustani
- Reception at Juliacas airport, transfer to your hotel, in the city of Puno, coca leaf tea and acclimatization
- Lunch on your own account
- 2:00 p.m.: Guided visit of the Archaeological Complex of Sillustani
- Return to your hotel
- Dinner on your own account.
- Breakfast at your hotel
- 6:30 a.m.: Transfer to the port, to board a motorized boat to the Uros´ Floating Islands
- Guided visit to the Uros Islands
- 10:30 a.m.: Arrival on Taquile Island and guided tour
- Departure on a motorized boat towards Suasi Island
- Arrival on Suasi Island and accommodation at the hotel
- 3:00 p.m.: Guided excursion
- Welcome dinner.
- Breakfast at the hotel
- Free morning to go on totora boat rides
- 1:30 p.m.: Departure by bus bound to the city of Juliaca and transfer to the airport, for the afternoon or night flight connection.
- Transfers airport / hotel / airport
- Transfer hotel / port
- Bilingual official tour guide
- Excursion to Sillustani
- Excursion to the Uros, Taquile and Suasi
- 01 hotel night in Puno
- 01 hotel night on Suasi Island
- 02 lunches, 01 dinner and 02 breakfasts
- Bus Suasi / Juliaca airport
- Entrance fees to the places to be visited
- Support with communication logistics
- First aid kit.
- 19% VAT tax (For Peruvians only)
- National and international flight tickets
- Airport taxes (TUAA) USD$ 06.05, to board national flights and USD$ 30.25, for international flights
- Non-programmed food, extras, alcoholic beverages, telephone calls, laundry shop, tips, snacks, etc.
- Services not established in the program
- Additional nights because of flight cancellations or that of other services, due to causes beyond the companys control.
What recommended that you bring:
- Comfortable backpack
- Light clothes for warm weather
- Jacket for the cold
- Adequate shoes
- Waterproof poncho for the rain
- Cap, flashlight and sunglasses
- Canteen, mineral water and snacks
- Sun blocking lotion
- Towel and personal hygiene kit
- Photo camera, camcorder and batteries
- Extra money in Soles.
INDIVIDUAL PRICE IN USD $
|Hotel Category||Base DWB|
From USD $ 470pp
- Phone: (+51) 984 608140 / 974 756500
- Fax: (+51) 84 237164 / 84 245902
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
- Address: Quera Street 240, Cusco, Peru