Tambopata - Collpa - Sandoval (04 days / 3 nights)
The Bahuaja Sonene National Park is a biodiversified place which shelters 450 bird species, 28 of amphibians and 74 of mammals, a huge diversity of insects, butterflies, dragonflies and tree ants. It possesses a rich and abundant flora, with aguaje trees, the tornillo cedar, giant chestnut and mahogany trees, some considered as endangered species.
The Tambopata Candamo National Reserve is composed of different adequate ecosystems for flora and fauna eco-conservation, as in the case of the sachavaca (Tapir), the jaguar, caimans, lizards, fish, turtles, giant otters, waterhogs (Capybaras), huanganas, giant armadillos, monkeys, macaws, parrots, anacondas, snakes, batrachians, insects and many other species that maintain natures balance.
This program will take us to the Collpa Chuncho and Lake Sandoval, combining both excursions with night walks, hikes along beaches and trails, by cascades and enjoying options of adventure sports.
Tambopata PROGRAMDAY 01 Arrival in Puerto Maldonado / Wasai Lodge in the Reserved Zone
- Reception at the airport and transfer to the port, on the Tambopata River
- Navigation to the lodge located in the Reserved Zone
- Lunch box during the trip
- Arrival, reception and accommodation at the Wasai Tambopata Lodge
- Afternoon to rest
- Short walk to get familiarized, along the trails nearby the lodge
- Night stroll, in search of insects and wild animals.
- 4:30 a.m.: Well board our motorized river boat to navigate on the Tambopata River , to the Bahuaja Sonene National Park , the protected area of which conserves a wonderful diversity of flora and fauna
- Arrival at the Collpa Chuncho and installation in an adequate and camouflaged place
- Using binoculars, well have a chance to capture the best views of the lick session of macaws, parrots and parakeets of several species and colors, presenting a wonderful show
- Short walk along the beach and jungle trails, observing birds, monkeys, mammals, insects and lots of flora
- Return to the lodge for breakfast
- Free morning, to participate in different adventure activities, such as canopy, kayak, tree climbing or to take a delightful bath in the Gato River s cascades and do some sports fishing
- Return to the lodge for lunch
- Botanical tour, observing medicinal plants and trees
- Night excursion, on the Tambopata River , in search of caimans
- 6:00 a.m.: Downstream navigation, on the Tambopata River , with transfer to the Madre de Dios River
- Landing on the indicated beach and 3 km . hike through the Amazon Forest , observing orchids, giant palm trees, other varieties of trees and insects
- Rowboat ride on Lake Sandoval; the habitat of a diversified fauna, with caimans, lizards, turtles, giant otters, a great variety of fish, birds, macaws, monkeys, etc.
- Short hike and return transfer on a river boat, to the city of Puerto Maldonado
- Arrival and transfer to your hotel
- Free afternoon
- Dinner on your own account
- Discotheque (Optional and on your own account).
- Breakfast at your hotel and transfer to the airport.
- All transfers (Airport / hotel / airport)
- Bilingual specialized guide
- Motorized river boat, catamaran and canoe, according to the tours
- All excursions
- Lodge and hotel accommodation
- Full meals during the tour, except for dinner on the last day
- Support with communication logistics
- First aid kit, with antidotes.
Does Not Include:
- 19 % VAT tax (For Peruvians only)
- National and international flight tickets
- Airport taxes (TUAA) USD $ 06.05, to board national flights and USD $ 30.25, for international flights
- Non-programmed food or extras, snacks, alcoholic beverages, telephone calls, laundry shop, tips, etc.
- Entrance fee to the reserve (USD $ 20.00)
- Services not established in the program
- Additional nights for flight cancellation or that of any other services, due to causes beyond the companys control.
- Standard backpack
- Adequate clothes for hot weather
- Light boots, sneakers and sandals
- Waterproof poncho for the rain
- Pants and long sleeves shirts
- Hat, cap and sunglasses
- Swimming suit, towel and personal hygiene kit
- Canteen, mineral water, water purifying tablets and snacks
- Insect repellent and sun blocking lotion
- Flashlight, binoculars, batteries and flashlight bulbs
- Basic medicines
- Camera, camcorder and batteries
- Extra money in Soles.
- Vaccination against Yellow Fever. It is mandatory to get vaccinated and carry the vaccination certificate.
INDIVIDUAL PRICE IN USD $
|DWB / TWB||448|
From USD $ 448pp
- Phone: (+51) 984 608140 / 974 756500
- Fax: (+51) 84 237164 / 84 245902
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
- Address: Quera Street 240, Cusco, Peru