The Chachapoyas and their Royal Paths (03 Days / 02 Nights) from USD $ 173
This short, but very dynamic program allows you to have access to typical villages, observing flora and fauna, visiting interesting archaeological compounds, hamlets, valleys and landscapes around the Utcubamba River, all the way to the Fortress of Kuélap; a majestic architectural work built by the Chachapoyas, on top of a high mountain.
It is the mountainous jungles most imposing monumental complex, and it is surrounded by cliffs and precipices on three of its four sides. Inside the more than 20 meter high fortified walls, it shelters 505 living quarters, the majority of which are of circular layout. This tour is mainly a hike, apart from the connections on the first and last day.
PROGRAMDAY 01 Hike Chachapoyas / Levanto
- Upon arrival, transfer from the bus station to the hotel
- Breakfast at the hotel
- 9:00 a.m.: Bus transfer to the Anexo del Molino (Mills Annex)
- Hike to the typical village of Levanto, observing flora and fauna
- Lunch on the way
- Guided visit of the Archaeological Complex of Yálape and Collacruz
- Dinner and camping overnight.
- Guided hike to the Archaeological Complex of Machupirca
- Guided hike to the Archaeological Complex of Macro
- Lunch in the area
- Observation of valleys, landscapes and the Utcubamba River
- Visit of the picturesque village of El Tingo
- Accommodation at the Estancia El Chillo Hostel, dinner and overnight stay.
- Breakfast at the hostel
- Guided hike to the Fortress of Kuélap
- Lunch in the area
- Return to the city of Chachapoyas and transfer to the hotel or bus station.
- Transfer from the bus station or airport, to the hotel and viceversa
- Tourist transportation
- Bilingual official tour guide
- 01 night at a campsite, in the village of Levanto
- 01 night accommodation in the locality of El Tingo
- Full meals during the tour
- Hike on the Incan Chachapoyas trail / levanto / Archaeological Sites of Yálape, Collacruz
- Hike to the archaeological complexes of Machupirca and Macro
- Hike to the Fortress of Kuélap
- Tents, boots and rain ponchos
- Entrance fees to the places to visit
- Support with communication logistics
- First aid kit and emergency ropes.
Does Not Include:
- VAT tax (19% - Only for Peruvians)
- National and international flight tickets
- Airport taxes (TUAA) USD $ 06.05, to get on national flights and USD $ 30.25, to get on international flights
- Any food, drinks or other expenses not programmed (Alcoholic drinks, snacks, phone calls, laundry shop, tips, etc.)
- Services not established in the program
- Additional nights due to flight cancellations or suspension of other services, for reasons beyond the companys control.
- Standard backpack
- Light clothes for warm weather
- Jacket for the cold
- Pants and long sleeves shirts
- Hiking shoes
- Waterproof poncho for the rain
- Bathing suit, towel and sandals
- Cap, flashlight and sunglasses
- Cantine, mineral water, water purifying tablets and snacks
- Repellent and sun blocking lotion
- Personal hygiene kit
- Camera, camcorder and batteries
- Extra money in Soles.
(Minimum 02 participants)
From USD $ 173pp
- Phone: (+51) 984 608140 / 974 756500
- Fax: (+51) 84 237164 / 84 245902
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
- Address: Quera Street 240, Cusco, Peru