Uros - Amantani (Full Day)
Lake Titicaca ; the jewel of the Peruvian and Bolivian high plateaus, is the worlds highest navigable lake. It is situated in the Region of Puno, on the Peruvian side, at an altitude of 3,800 m .a.s.l. and it possesses many floating islands inhabited by Quechua and Aymara native populations. It is an ecosystem which has a rich and varied fauna mainly composed of birds.
There, are the floating Islands of the Uros, one of Américas most ancient peoples, dedicated to handicraft production, fishing and taxidermy.
Then, our journey will take us to Amantaní Island , also known as Loves Island, where the native inhabitants are mainly dedicating themselves to handicraft and agricultural activities, as well as to animal raising.
In addition, well have a chance to visit pre-Incan archaeological sites of great historical and monumental value.
UROS AMANTANI PROGRAMDAY 01 Guided excursion to the Uros and Amantaní Islands
- 6:30 a.m.: Transfer to the port, to board a motorized boat to the Uros´ Floating Islands
- Guided visit to the Uros´ Floating Islands
- Departure towards Amantaní Island and guided tour
- 1:30 p.m.: Return to Puno
- 4:30 p.m.: Arrival in Puno and transfer to your hotel.
- Transfers hotel / port / hotel
- Bilingual official tour guide
- Transportation on a motorized boat
- Guided visit to the Uros and Amantaní
- Typical lunch
- Entrance fees to the places to be visited.
Does Not Include:
- 19% of VAT tax (For Peruvians only)
- Non-programmed food, extras, drinks, snacks, tips, etc.
INDIVIDUAL PRICE IN USD $
From USD $ 40pp
- Phone: (+51) 984 608140 / 974 756500
- Fax: (+51) 84 237164 / 84 245902
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
- Address: Quera Street 240, Cusco, Peru