Uros / Llachon (02 Days / 01 Night) from USD $ 180
Lake Titicaca ; the jewel of the Peruvian and Bolivian high plateaus, is the worlds highest navigable lake. It is situated in the Region of Puno, on the Peruvian side, at an altitude of 3,800 m.a.s.l. and it possesses many floating islands inhabited by Quechua and Aymara native populations.
It is an ecosystem which has a rich and varied fauna mainly composed of birds. There, are the floating Islands of the Uros, one of Américas most ancient peoples, dedicated to handicraft production, fishing and taxidermy.
Llachón is a different people, in their clothes, customs, artistic and cultural manifestations, productive activities and relations with foreigners. It is a participative people in community chores, in which visitors can participate. In addition, one can take part in several cultural, recreational and sports activities.
For example, well go on a 3 km . hike the Akikarus Hill, where is located the Inkakancha ritual and ceremonial center; an Incan Sacred Site which is still being used today, according to ancestral practices to give tributes to the Pachamama (Mother Earth), in thanks for the earths fertility.
UROS / LLACHON PROGRAMDAY 01 Puno / Uros´ Islands / Llachón Peninsula , with overnight stay
- 8:00 a.m.: Transfer to the port, to board a motorized boat to the Uros´ Floating Islands
- Guided visit to the Uros Islands
- Departure towards the Llachón Peninsula
- 12:00 noon: Arrival on the Llachón Peninsula and accommodation at the Community Inn House
- Typical lunch
- Guided visit of the peninsulas tourist attractions
- Welcome dinner.
- Free morning, to share experiences and knowledge of the communitys customs and go on walks or do rafting and kayaking
- 1:00 p.m.: Return to the city of Puno
- 4:30 p.m.: Arrival in Puno and transfer to your hotel.
- Transfers hotel / port / hotel
- Bilingual official tour guide
- Transportation on a motorized boat
- 01 nights accommodation in Llachón
- 02 lunches, 01 dinner and 01 breakfast
- Entrance fees to places to be visited
- Support with communication logistics
- First aid kit.
Does Not Include:
- 19% VAT tax (For Peruvians only)
- National and international flight tickets
- Airport taxes (TUAA) USD$ 06.05, to board national flights and USD$ 30.25, for international flights
- Non-programmed food, extras, alcoholic beverages, telephone calls, laundry shop, tips, snacks, etc.
- Services not established in the program
- Additional nights because of flight cancellations or that of other services, due to causes beyond the companys control.
What recommended that you bring:
- Comfortable backpack
- Light clothes for warm weather
- Jacket for the cold
- Adequate shoes
- Waterproof poncho for the rain
- Cap, flashlight and sunglasses
- Canteen, mineral water and snacks
- Sun blocking lotion
- Towel and personal hygiene kit
- Photo camera, camcorder and batteries
- Extra money in Soles.
From USD $ 180pp
- Phone: (+51) 984 608140 / 974 756500
- Fax: (+51) 84 237164 / 84 245902
- Email: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: Quera Street 240, Cusco, Peru