Uros / Taquile (02 Days / 01 Night)
In the Lake Titicaca are the floating Islands of the Uros, one of Américas most ancient peoples, dedicated to handicraft production, fishing and taxidermy. Taquile is an island with great ethnical and cultural value, as its inhabitants are clearly Quechua and mainly dedicate themselves to handicraft, fishing, light agriculture and tourism, and they are very attached to their ancestral traditions and customs.
There is a handicraft market, where Taquiles textile art stands out. There also are pre-Incan and Incan archaeological sites, with sacred places, such as Mulsina; a ceremonial and ritual center for offerings to the Pachamama (Mother Earth). Without a doubt, Taquile is a magical live culture place.PROGRAM DAY 01 Puno / Uros´ Islands / Taquile Island, with overnight stay
- 8:00 a.m.: Transfer to the port, to board a motorized boat to the Uros´ Floating Islands
- Guided visit to the Uros Islands
- Departure towards Taquile Island
- 12:00 noon: Arrival on Taquile Island and accommodation at the Community Inn House
- Typical lunch
- Guided visit of the islands tourist attractions
- Welcome dinner.
- Free morning, to share experiences and knowledge of the communitys customs or go on walks
- 1:00 p.m.: Return to the city of Puno
- 4:30 p.m.: Arrival in Puno and transfer to your hotel.
- Transfers hotel / port / hotel
- Bilingual official tour guide
- Transportation on a motorized boat
- Entrance fees to the places to be visited
- 01 nights accommodation in Taquile
- 02 lunches, 01 dinner and 01 breakfast
- Support with communication logistics
- First aid kit.
- 19% VAT tax (For Peruvians only)
- National and international flight tickets
- Airport taxes (TUAA) USD$ 06.05, to board national flights and USD$ 30.25, for international flights
- Non-programmed food, extras, alcoholic beverages, telephone calls, laundry shop, tips, snacks, etc.
- Services not established in the program
- Additional nights because of flight cancellations or that of other services, due to causes beyond the companys control.
- Comfortable backpack
- Light clothes for warm weather
- Jacket for the cold
- Adequate shoes
- Waterproof poncho for the rain
- Cap, flashlight and sunglasses
- Canteen, mineral water and snacks
- Sun blocking lotion
- Towel and personal hygiene kit
- Photo camera, camcorder and batteries
- Extra money in Soles.
From USD $ 180pp
- Phone: (+51) 984 608140 / 974 756500
- Fax: (+51) 84 237164 / 84 245902
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
- Address: Quera Street 240, Cusco, Peru