Warachikuy / Inca War Rite (Full day)
The Warachikuy, officially declared as National Identity Festivity, equivalent to the Inti Raymi, was a warriors´ rite for young males of the Incan nobility, who were submitted to difficult physical tests of dexterity, risk and courage, in order to step from youth to maturity.
The Inca supervised these competitions which, according to the chroniclers, took place during several days, in different places, with outright physical confrontations.
The winners would be ranked and declared apt for war and to fulfill adult mens functions. Today, Cuscos Glorious Colegio Nacional de Ciencias ( Sciences National High School ) organizes and stages this ancestral rite, on Saqsaywamans Esplanade, on the third Sunday of September of each year.
- 10:00 a.m.: Transfer to the Esplanade of Saqsaywaman
- 1:30 p.m.: Return to the city and transfer to your hotel.
- Transfers on tourist transportation
- Entrance ticket to boxes or tribunes, in Saqsaywaman
- Bilingual official tour guide
- Box lunch.
INDIVIDUAL PRICE IN USD $
From USD $ 67pp
- Phone: (+51) 984 608140 / 974 756500
- Fax: (+51) 84 237164 / 84 245902
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
- Address: Quera Street 240, Cusco, Peru